The modern retail market overflows with the most various offers from the most different suppliers. Products vary in price, quality of the composition, basic materials, and many other factors. This goes for absolutely any type of product and linear actuators aren’t an exception here.
Linear actuator manufacturers are quite active at growing their production paces, releasing more and more updated product lineages with the ultimate goal to cover any possible customer requirement.
These particular devices also increasingly cover more new manufacturing niches, gradually stamping out technologically inferior alternatives. According to the statistics of the linear drive usage growth dynamics, the USA is looking at the device’s total sales boost by at least ⅓ in 2025.
Dynamics of the registered & forecasted growth of valves’ & actuators’ sales in various production sectors in the USA for 2015-2025.
Major Criteria for Picking a Manufacturer
It’s quite easy to get confused by this existing variety of available options. Choosing a linear actuator manufacturer, you should focus on the working capacity, life expectancy, and output factor of the device as a whole. To make it all easier for you, here are particular crucial details you should pay close attention to:
- The ultimate purpose of the actuator in your construction;
- The maximum safe load limit of the drive;
- Type of energy converted into mechanical force during work (electric, pneumatic, thermal, etc.);
- The required sturdiness of the basic material an actuator is made out of;
- The needed preciseness, speed, & non-stop work cycles.
Make sure to base your final decision on the combination of all these factors instead of focusing on something particular. There are also other important, individual points you should keep in mind to find a perfect fit for your construction. For instance, if you need a driver for the door automation mechanism, you’ll also need to consider the dimensions and weight of the door you’re working on.
A reference example of the ratio between the actuator’s piston’s traveled distance & time of getting into the actual position
In the picture above, you can see the illustration of quite an important factor in any model of the discussed device. Electric linear actuator manufacturers that focus on the high quality of their products strive for exactly that ratio of actual position lines in limit positions of the device’s fixation.
The smoothness of action and an identical amount of time needed for a piston to move towards limit positions provides high performance, resistance, and longevity of the construction’s work.
How to Choose Linear Actuator Manufacturer Properly in Terms of Product Quality
Everybody knows that the Internet is filled with bought reviews and fake promises. In order to keep in check with the most objective and relevant info about existing linear drive products and market innovations in the niche, we’d recommend browsing some of the following blogs:
- https://12vactuators.com/blog/ – an excellent blog for “linear motion newcomers” that has all the basic information about major types of actuators & how they can be employed.
- https://www.actuatorzone.com/blog – non-traditional approaches & original topics are vastly covered in this one. You can find info about employing actuators in shipbuilding, car manufacture, & even in modern processors.
- https://www.progressiveautomations.com/pages/blog – the fullest & most developed blog dedicated to using linear actuators in all aspects of human life up to date. You can find info on absolutely any related topic here.
You can rest assured that any product recommended in one of these blogs can be safely trusted in terms of quality and usefulness. There are even respective links to the items’ respective online store pages included in most articles. But even with all that helpful info, make your purchase based on your individual requirements and needs.
We’d also recommend you to go through the general principles of the linear actuator manufacture. And remember – an affordable product doesn’t always mean a bad product. You may not need a “premium-grade”, expensive drive in your particular situation at all. Stay knowledgable and focus on what’s really important.